DIY // Coconut Oil Granola
Have you ever made granola? It's super easy AND extra tasty. My personal favorite is made with coconut oil. It's the perfect crispiness, if you ask me! I like to eat it with milk, yogurt, or by the handful. There's no wrong way, really.
Serve it up in some of our super cool Susty Party bowls! Package it up and bring it to work in our Bagasse Bowl Container and matching Lid and have a simple breakfast on the go. It's even more fun to eat with one of our brightly colored spoons.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut chips
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t cardamom
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries or berries
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut, salt, and spices.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil with the honey, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Add the vanilla extract. Pour over the oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheets making an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and continue to bake at 10 minute intervals until uniformly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with dried cherries. Break up and store in an airtight container. Eat over yogurt, with milk, or just by the handful.
Enjoy yourself or package it up to share with your favorites!