DIY // Zucchini Quesadilla
It's zucchini o'clock. So it's the perfect time to buy up a bunch to grill and add to your dinner faves. This quesadilla is one of my favorites. It involves grilled zucchini (of course), roasted red pepper, avocado, and goat cheese. Let's do this!
Zucchini Quesadillas (servings vary)
- zucchinis + yellow summer squash (about 1 per 2 servings)
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- garlic (1 clove per zucchini)
- roasted red pepper (roast one or buy a jar!)
- avocado (about 1 avocado per two servings)
- goat cheese (about 1 oz. per serving)
- Slice zucchini and squash into rounds. Toss with a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Meanwhile heat a grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Place zucchini in a single layer on the hot pan. Cook until golden. Flip and cook until the rounds have shrunk a bit and are cooked through. (Feel free to sample until they’ve reached your desired doneness.) Keep the grill pan on and spray with cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Assemble quesadillas by layering zucchini on the bottom half of a tortilla. Top with roasted red pepper, avocado slices, and goat cheese. Fold over and return to the hot grill pan. Once the tortilla is crispy, flip and continue cooking until both sides are crispy. Remove from pan, slice, and serve with a lime wedge and hot sauce.