Honey for Face, Hair, and Body
If you are a big fan of homemade beauty products, it's no surprise that honey is the main ingredient to a lot of these products. Honey is hydrating, helping to lock moisture into your skin. Also, it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so it’s great to use on problem skin. Did you also know that it’s packed with vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium, iron, and magnesium? And how delicious is honey? Here’s how to use honey for hair, face, and body.
Maple Syrup & Honey Hair Mask
This amazing concoction of 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of honey leaves your hair soft and shiny. But beware! It can get really messy and even if it smells divine, don't eat all of it before you put it in your hair!
1. Pour the ingredients into a small glass container.
2. Microwave for about 10-20 seconds, or until the ingredients can be mixed.
3. Mix together and wait until the mixture is cool enough to touch.
4. Apply the mixture to dry, untangled hair. Don't apply mixture to the roots as the mixture can make your roots oily.
5. Put your hair in a shower cap and wait at least 30 minutes, allowing the mixture to penetrate your hair.
6. Rinse your hair in a lukewarm shower, wash with a bit of shampoo, and voila!
Spiced Honey Face Mask
This concoction is perfect for the winter time with a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. With 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg, you can reduce your redness and swelling in your face quickly since all of these ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Mix the ingredients.
2. Leave it on your face for 30 minutes.
3. Wash it off gently with lukewarm water, using circular motions with fingertips.
Brown Sugar & Honey Body Scrub
This mixture of 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of honey, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract will leave your skin feeling like a baby's bum!
1. Mix ingredients together until you have an even consistency. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more olive oil and honey. If it’s too liquidly, add a bit more brown sugar.
2. Use it in your shower or even just for your hands!