Seeking Sustainable Party Interns!
Do you have what it takes???
Intern for Marketing, Research & Blogging
About Sustainable Party
We are a start-up company that aims to help make any party or event more eco-friendly and socially responsible. Our website features a guide for throwing eco-events, as well as an online store to purchase party supplies that we screen for eco-attributes. We are a certified B Corporation and a founding member of the Sustainable Business Network of NYC. Our main office is in Soho in NYC, however our team can be based anywhere in the United States, as we use the internet to bring us together. We love a good party!
About the Internship
In our energetic start-up environment, you will be interfacing with executive-level decision makers and therefore will have a real impact in shaping and building the company. You will be expected to work independently (schedule and location is flexible) yet connect to the team through online conferencing, and therefore must be able to work well on your own and take initiative to push your projects forward. You will be expected to help formulate plans and creative strategies, and then to implement ideas, involving the support team as needed. This part-time volunteer internship can be tailored to suit your learning goals.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Write for our blog and creating content, including pictures (4-5 posts per week)
- Manage social media accounts and build community on Twitter and Facebook
- Write monthly newsletters
- Research lifecycle analysis of our products and help communicate results to stakeholders
- Evolve our system of evaluating eco-attributes of products
- Find the best eco-friendly products, and potentially open new product lines at our store
Sales & Marketing:
- Investigate potential partnerships
- Write about the pros and cons of products for our website
· At least 1 year of college-level education. Strong experience in environmental studies or sustainability field
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage projects, show initiative and take charge.
· Can-do, pro-active and upbeat attitude as well as a sense of humor.
· And above all else: a love for sustainability!
How to Apply: Learn more about us at www.sustainableparty.com . Then send your resume with a cover letter explaining why you are best qualified for this internship and what particularly interests you. Email: email@example.com (Subject: Internship).