Internships at Sustainable Party
Three Internships at Sustainable Party: Blogging, Product Research, Sales & Marketing
About Sustainable Party
We are a start-up internet-based company that aims to spread the tools to make any party or event more eco-friendly and socially responsible. Our website features a guide for throwing eco-events, as well as an online store to purchase party supplies that we screen for eco-attributes. We are a certified B Corporation and a founding member of the Sustainable Business Network of NYC. Our main office is in Soho in NYC, however our team can be based anywhere in the United States, as we use the internet to bring us together. We are a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on environmental and social as well as financial returns. And this should not be overlooked: We love a good party!
About the Internships
In our energetic start-up environment, you will be interfacing with executive-level decision makers and therefore will have a real impact in shaping and building the company. You will be expected to work part-time or full-time and independently (location is flexible) yet connect to the team through online conferencing. Therefore you must be able to work well on your own and take initiative to push your projects forward. You will be expected to help formulate plans and creative strategies, and then to implement ideas, involving the support team as needed. Internships are unpaid, except in the instance of sales commission.
• Write for our blog and creating content, including pictures (4-5 posts per week)
• Manage social media accounts and build community on Twitter and Facebook
• Write bi-monthly newsletters
Product Research Internship:
• Research lifecycle analysis of our products and help communicate results to stakeholders
• Evolve our system of evaluating eco-attributes of products
• Find the best eco-friendly products, and potentially open new product lines at our store
Sales & Marketing Internship:
• Investigate potential partnerships
• Help set up and oversee Sustainable Party events
• Reach out to potential clients and earn commission on sales!
• At least 1 year of college-level education
• Strong interest in environmental or sustainability field (2 years experience preferred)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage projects, show initiative and take charge
• Can-do, pro-active and upbeat attitude as well as a sense of humor
• And above all else: a love for sustainability!
How to Apply
Learn more about us at www.sustainableparty.com . Then send your resume with a cover letter explaining which internship you’d like to apply for and why you are best qualified for it. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Internship).