- » Event Guide: Tips and tricks for making every event eco-conscious and awesome.
- » Signage: Tell your guests what goes where with sleek and informative printable signs.
- » The After Party: When your event is over, what happens next? Compost!
Download our best practices guide and learn tips and tricks for keeping your party green from start to finish. It’s a quick reference for how to conserve, reuse, and throw a totally fantastic event.
Tidbits From Our Best Practices Guide
- Create signs promoting the best your community has to offer.
- Decorate without waste and give gifts with eco-friendly flair.
- Buy it local, organic, and seasonal.
- Plus oodles more!
Meet Our Contributors
- Peter Strugatz, IceStone
- David Levine, Green Harvest Technologies
- Danielle Venokur, dvGreen Sustainable Event Design
- Jennifer McDonnell, Environmental Strategy Innovations
- Michael Alexander, Kessler Consulting
We’ve created a nifty event signage package that helps take the confusion out of what's recyclable, what’s reusable, and what’s compostable. Now you can post signs for everything from product stories, to garbage sorting, to carpooling reminders in an organized and party-friendly fashion.
What You’ll Find
- Simple and intuitive signs that tell your guests where to dispose party waste.
- Foldable table tents for labeling food and spreading the word about your fabulous new partyware.
- Lots more fun stuff!
The After Party
Dispose all of your fantastic new products in an earth friendly fashion.
Buying compostable products is just the first step to sustainability. Now you must ensure that the products are brought back to the earth and allowed to compost. After all, what’s the point of sending such special products to a landfill?
Products made from biopolymers take a long time to biodegrade in a home composting system and should be brought to a commercial facility. Here’s a list of commercial composting facilities in your area.
Aside from calling up your nearest facility and making the trip, the infrastructure to bring your products to these facilities is not quite there. However Susty Party is proud to offer our After Party Take Back Program!
What’s the difference between home and commercial composting?
Commercial composting facilities grind materials, turn over their piles, and reach high temperatures- all good things! These factors help reduce the amount of time it takes to compost in ways that home composting cannot. You can help your home compost be more effective by turning your pile over frequently and keeping it damp and warm. It will still take about 40% longer, but if if you don’t mind some forks sticking out of your flowers, the earth doesn’t either.
Did you say After Party Take Back Program?
Yes, we did! Susty Party believes it’s important for manufacturers and retailers to claim responsibility for their products. We want to help the bourgeoning commercial compost industry grow and make it easy for customers to do the right thing. So we created an After Party Take Back Program. Send your post-party compostable materials back to us and we’ll facilitate their journey back into the earth, in one of two ways:
Schedule a compost pick-up! We can arrange a pick up for your event anywhere in NYC! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org after your order to arrange this service. Though we can’t offer the service for free yet ($160 flat rate for up to 15 bags), we are working to pass a discount as large as possible to our customers!
Bring 1 or 2 bags of compost for FREE to our bin located in Brooklyn. Just email us at email@example.com to set up a time!
The products will then be taken to the nearest commercial composting facility to turn back into soil.
Right now our Take Back Program is only in effect in the NYC area, but sign up for our email list below and we’ll let you know when it heats up in other areas!