DIY // Susty Straw Paper Bunting Cake Topper
We've discussed our striped straws mad skills before. And now they're at it again! They can be used for a cake topper! With just a few supplies, a cake, and a dream, this topper can be yours. It would make any cake just lovely, don't you think! See below for instructions.
DIY Paper Bunting Cake Topper
- colored card stock or construction paper
- mini hole punch
- 2 Susty Party paper straws or skewers
- washi tape (optional)
- floral wire
- Cut out small triangles or fringe flags out of paper.
- Punch holes on each side of every flag. String floral wire through the holes and wrap excess wire around each straw or skewer. Repeat with 3 or more strings of flags in varying colors.
- Use washi tape to cover the wire. Top your cake!*
*I found it easiest to insert toothpicks into each side of the cake where you want the topper to be. Insert the toothpicks in the end of each straw and press the straws slightly into the cake. You can also cut out letters and glue them to toothpicks to spell out your favorite person's name!X