Heatherjean MacNeil - Twinterview with an Inspirational Susty Partier!
Twinterviews are Twitter-length interviews with the most inspirational Susty Partiers we can find. Every question is answered in 140 characters or less. Let this week's Twinterview begin!
Heatherjean MacNeil (right), Founder of Proxy Apparel, an ethical fashion company dedicated to empowering women through fashion.
1. Describe yourself personally.
Ethical fashion entrepreneur, marketing + events maven, lover of all things organic, crafty, bicycle, meditative, and innovative
2. What is your venture’s value proposition?
Proxy provides fair trade + sustainable fashion that empowers and employs women around the world.
3. What inspires you?
My failures, sustainable design + successful, mission-driven startups
4. Word association: “Susty”:
Flirtation + reusable party crowns
5. What good media have you consumed that we should check out?
Current record addiction: Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
6. Your favorite eco-friendly living or partying tip?
Stop washing your clothes + get a drying rack. Compost at home with worms!
7. Life lesson you want to pass on?
Hate + then love your failures, don't compromise your passion, "pilot" things before committing + make things yourself - you might be surprised.
8. Your favorite Susty Party product and why?
It's a toss up, but I love everything about the organic party crown, including the pic of you wearing it on the website.