DIY: Make Your Own Lip Balm
The easiest way to ensure your cosmetics are chemical-free is to make them yourself! Try this honey lip balm recipe for eco-friendly lip smackin' goodness.
Makes 1/2 ounce
- A double boiler
- A glass jar (to mix the ingredients into)
- Bottle cap to store lip balm
- 3 teaspoons grated unbleached beeswax
- 5 teaspoons carrier oil (jojoba, sunflower or castor)
- 1/2 tsp Vitamin E
- 1 tsp honey
1. Melt the beeswax and carrier oil together in the top of a double boiler. Stir, then remove from heat.
2. Pour into glass jar. Add honey and Vitamin E. Mix thoroughly so the honey does not clump.
3. Pour into your balm holder (bottle cap/lid).
4. Let sit 20 minutes before covering or moving.