Jammy Strawberry Tahini Blondies
Get inspired by the Susty Red Collection: Turn those sweet summer strawberries into jam, then turn that jam into the dessert of your dreams aka Jammy Strawberry Tahini Blondies!
We love using local jams from our farmers market for baking at this time of year, anything from cakes, to breads, to... blondies! In this recipe, it gives the the blondies a rich ripe berry flavor, which is a great balance for the white chocolate and tahini. And don't they look dashing on those napkins!
1½ c all-purpose flour
½ c brown sugar
1 t baking powder
1 stick melted unsalted butter, cooled to room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
½ c tahini
½ c strawberry preserves
6 oz white chocolate morsels
1 large egg
1 t vanilla
¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ and prepare an 8”x8” brownie pan by greasing it and lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Sift in the flour mixture and stir until there is no dry flour left in the bowl.
- Fold in the tahini, ¼ cup strawberry preserves, and white chocolate morsels.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes, until the batter no longer jiggles and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with crumbs but no wet batter.
- Remove from the oven and immediately spread the remaining ¼ cup of strawberry preserves evenly across the top.
- Let cool before serving with Susty Party's compostable red plates and napkins.
// Guest Post // Matt and Beau are a New Orleans-based couple who run the food and lifestyle blog, Probably This. On the website, they share original recipes for food and beverages, as well as style, dining, and design tips.